In a few hours' time my son and I will be playing his very first Pathfinder character, an Elven Rogue. He will be entering a small dungeon looking for a lost treasure, on rumor he heard in the local tavern.
He is not new to Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder for that matter, he has watched me play many times and has had many, many questions. Every father waits for that day with baited breath for their child to say, "Dad .. I want to play D&D!"
My son has shown some interest in playing D&D for some time now, but I wasn't sure on which edition to use for our, "Father Son Game." Then Paizo announced there Beginner Box. That was my answer, I needed to look no further. Not only did it contain everything that he needed to play but it was almost like 1984 for me all over again. It was December of 1984 that I received my very first Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set for Christmas, the school holidays ended way to soon for my liking.
I know this has been covered on many blogs already, but I really believe that Paizo has a winning product on their hands here and deserves another mention. I have included all the links to all the additional material available for download as well as the fantastic character generator from Hero Lab which is absolutely free for the Beginner Box.
Take your first step into an exciting world of fantasy adventure with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box! Within you’ll find simple rules to create and customize your own hero, as well as a robust system to run your character through challenging adventures and deadly battles against villainous monsters like goblins and dragons!
Will you be a courageous fighter who masters weapons and armor to cut a trail of destruction through your enemies? A wise cleric who calls upon the power of the gods to heal your allies and burn enemies with sacred fire? A witty rogue able to disarm traps and strike with deadly accuracy? A brilliant wizard whose magical powers bring foes to their knees? All the details of your character are yours to control. The only limit is your imagination!
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box is packed with everything you need to get started with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, an imaginative tabletop fantasy adventure game for 2–5 players. Scores of monsters, challenges, and advice give gamers the tools to create their own worlds and adventure, providing countless hours of gaming excitement. With streamlined rules and a focus on action-packed heroic adventure, this deluxe boxed set is the ideal introduction to the world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, and the best starting point for a lifetime of pulse-pounding adventure!
The Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box includes:
- 64-page Hero’s Handbook, detailing character creation, spells, equipment, and general rules for playing the game
- 96-page Game Master’s Guide packed with adventures, monsters, magical treasures, and advice on how to narrate the game and control the challenges faced by the heroes
- A complete set of 7 high-impact polyhedral dice
- More than 80 full-color pawns depicting tons of heroes, monsters, and even a fearsome black dragon
- Four pregenerated character sheets to throw you right into the action
- Four blank character sheets to record the statistics and deeds of your custom-made hero
- A durable, reusable, double-sided Flip-Mat play surface that works with any kind of marker
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box Player Pack Download Here
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box Player Pack provides new character creation options for Pathfinder players, including a complete character class: the powerful berserker known as the barbarian! Kit out your character with tons of new adventure gear and alchemical items, dominate combat with new feats and spells, and spruce up your character with new class options for clerics, fighters, rogues, and wizards! Take your Beginner Box characters to the next level with these exciting tips and tricks!
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box GM Kit Download Here
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box GM Kit arms Game Masters with new options and opportunities, from a complete adventure that picks up where the Beginner Box's "Black Fang's Crypt" left off to new monsters like the deadly minotaur and the giant black widow spider! Piles of new magical weapons, armor, and other treasures beef up your campaign's rewards, and tips on converting standard Pathfinder adventures for use with the Beginner Box extend the life and variety of your Pathfinder campaigns.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box Bash Demos Download Here
Four mini-adventures, specifically designed for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box. These adventures allow a GM and players to expand their experience of the Beginner Box. Each of the included adventures revolve around Sandpoint and are set in four different areas of Varisia and can be run as a sequel to Black Fang's Dungeon found in the Game Master's Guide.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box Character Sheet Download Here
Download this colorful two-sided character sheet to record every detail of your custom hero, from ability scores and skill bonuses to weaponry and treasures. Special sections help you record your character's triumphs, including monsters killed and most damage dealt!
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box Pregenerated Characters Download Here
Jump right into the action with this helpful pregenerated character packet! Take on the role of Valeros the fighter, Kyra the cleric, Merisiel the rogue, or Ezren the wizard with these digital copies of the 1st-level characters included in the Beginner Box.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box Pathfinder Society Character Creation Guide Download Here
Ready for the next step from the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box? The best way to find Pathfinder Roleplaying Game action in your area is to get involved with Pathfinder Society Organized Play, a huge international Pathfinder campaign with tens of thousands of players. This guide provides a step–by–step walkthrough of the Pathfinder Society character creation process while referring you back to the Hero’s Handbook. These instructions allow for a seamless transition from the Beginner Box to Pathfinder Society play.
Hero Lab for the Pathfinder Beginner Box Download Here
Hero Lab for the Pathfinder Beginner Box is a separate, free version of Hero Lab that only supports Paizo's Pathfinder Beginner Box.
Unlike the regular version of Hero Lab, Hero Lab for the Pathfinder Beginner Box is free for all users! That means that anyone can download and use it to create Beginner Box characters or manage Beginner Box encounters.
Hero Lab for the Pathfinder Beginner Box supports the character creation rules from the Hero's Handbook and Player Pack, as well as allowing the creation of monsters from the Gamemaster's Guide and GM Kit.
Players can create characters from any of the Beginner Box races and classes and advance them from levels 1 to 5. GMs can create monsters and entire encounters, and manage them using Hero Lab's powerful Tactical Console.
Check out our Starter Edition FAQ for more information about Hero Lab for the Pathfinder Beginner Box!
- For new RPG players, Hero Lab walks you through each step of character creation, helpfully prompting you through the process. Meanwhile, experienced players can use Hero Lab's power and flexibility to create characters in minutes.
- All modifiers to skills and abilities due to class, race, ability scores, feats, and more are automatically calculated for you. These include extra feats or skill points, save modifiers, combat modifiers, extra spells, skill bonuses, etc, saving you time and lots of page flipping.
- Ideal for both players and GMs - players can create and advance a level 1 starting character, while GMs can create a level 5 orc wizard NPC to use against the players.
- Let Hero Lab handle the complexity to make it easier for you to keep up with your character. Instantly see how many ability score bonuses, custom abilities, and other special powers you get as you level up.
- For appropriate classes, choose from the full selection of customizable abilities. Pick your Rogue Talents, Arcane Bonds, Rage Powers, Bonus Feats and Arcane Schools - Hero Lab takes them all into account for your character.
- As you fight monsters and gain powerful magic items, you can add them to Hero Lab with only a few clicks. Costs are automatically calculated and magical modifiers applied when you equip the item. Choose how much to pay, based on whether you find the item or buy it from a merchant with a surcharge or discount.
- Damage, class and attack bonus of weapons is automatically calculated, based on the weapons, your class and your proficiencies and ability scores.
- Unmet pre-requisites are properly flagged. For example, unavailable feats are marked with their list of requirements, so you can see at a glance which ones are and aren't available for your character.
- Choose which weapons and armor to equip. Your attack bonus, armor class and armor check penalty are calculated automatically.
- Generate a random age, height and weight based on your race and character class.
- Once your hero is complete, you can generate standard text, HTML, BBCode or Wikitext statblocks, save your hero as a PDF to upload to a website, or print out a character sheet to use at the game table.
- For players, Hero Lab for the Pathfinder Beginner Box includes level 1 versions of Valeros, Kyra, Ezren and Merisiel, so you can use them as a basis for your own characters.
- For GMs, Hero Lab includes all the monsters from the Gamemaster's Guide and GM Kit, allowing you to import them into your encounters with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- GMs can use Hero Lab's Tactical Console and powerful in-play support to manage entire encounters, instead of using spreadsheets or pen and paper. Create your encounters in Hero Lab beforehand, then manage the combatants in Hero Lab to make combats a snap!